With smartRAIL a special device for condition monitoring and condition-based maintenance in rail transport is available. It can monitor the condition of individual safety and availability relevant components as well as complete rail vehicles or entire rail fleets. This allows necessary measures to be initiated at an early stage and problems to be minimized.
For details move the mouse over the points.
- Seamless, loss-free data recording
- High computing power through quad-core processor
- Little space required, low power consumption
- Non-reactive connection
- M12 connector
- Passive cooling concept up to 85° Celsius
Completely railway certified
smartRAIL is based on the smartMINIbut is adapted to railway-specific requirements. It uses the M12 connectors designed for railways, has an acceleration sensor in addition to the GPS and can be connected to the railways using external MVB adapters and I/O modules simply expand.
smartRAIL is certified according to railway standard EN 50155, EN 45543 & IEC 61373 (for detailed information see technical data sheet)
The logger functions are configured via intelligent apps that can be loaded into the device software at any time. In addition to standard apps and an integrated odometer/running odometer smartRAIL preconfigured apps for railway applications:
- Vibration measurements, especially on freight wagons
- Recording of torques and speed characteristics
- Recording of transaction data
- Monitoring of battery and on-board voltage
Without data loss
smartRAIL is specially tailored to the high demands of rail transport. Data is recorded seamlessly and is not lost even if the mobile phone connection is interrupted.
optiMEAS security concept
- Redundantly executed real-time Linux distribution
- PowerController with watchdog function
- Secure data storage through special streaming method
- SD card as ring memory
- Encrypted Internet transmission via HTTPS and SSL
- Localization of locomotives and wagons
- Fleet management
- Monitoring of drives, battery voltages, doors & toilet tanks
- mileage counter
- Temperature and climate monitoring
- Processing of very many data channels
Through the cooperation with optiMEAS we have already learned a great deal about the vehicles, which can be used for maintenance planning and improves the quality and availability of the fleet.